Aug 3, 2008

Ranbir and Deepika - Exclusive interview

Bachna Ae Haseeno movie wallpapers :


Bachna Ae Haseeno movie wallpapers - 01
Bachna Ae Haseeno movie wallpapers - 02
Bachna Ae Haseeno movie wallpapers - 03
Bachna Ae Haseeno movie wallpapers - 04










Exclusive Interview of Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone :
Deepika Padukone, 22, and Ranbir Kapoor, 25, fell for each other on the sets of Bachna Ae Haseeno in Sydney. And since the time he wooed her with burgers, and she gave in over frappucino, they have unabashedly displayed their affection in public. Here they speak of the matchmaking, of their gifts to each other, and — would you believe it — of never having kissed.

Your first date...

Deepika : This goes back to when we were shooting for our respective debut films (Om Shanti Om and Saawariya) and we had just heard about each other. We had common makeup artists — Bharat and Dorris. Dorris told me that he (Ranbir) is a really sweet guy and we should meet up. Dorris had once called him when she was with me. She said: “Why don’t you guys talk?” That’s when we first spoke and exchanged numbers. A few days later, almost around the same time (July 2007) he asked me out for lunch. He came and picked me up and we went to Celini at Grand Hyatt (Mumbai) for lunch.

Ranbir : We just happened to spend the day together.

Deepika : (laughs) It was meant to be only lunch; but lunch became coffee; coffee became cheesecake; and cheesecake became movie.

Ranbir : Mr Bean’s Holiday is the movie we watched at PVR Cinemas in Juhu.

Deepika : That didn’t end there. It became a long drive and then he dropped me home. We started seeing each other on Feb. 23 (2008). It has been a year since we have known each other.

Who pursued whom?

Ranbir : Of course, I pursued her. I’m quite orthodox that way. I feel a man should always pursue a woman.

Deepika : Even if I was interested I wouldn’t have (made the first move).

Ranbir : But she was a hard nut to crack. She is someone who is not that transparent. She is quite poker faced that way and I didn’t know what she was thinking.

Deepika : The pursuing started from Sydney.

Ranbir : It so happened that we spent the entire month of January together while shooting for Bachna Ae Haseeno in Sydney. Once we got back we spent time together while working on the Pepsi commercial. Gradually, we started meeting a lot, hanging out, going for dinners and coffee.

Deepika : He did one thing (she giggles). Can I say it? He came all the way to Karjat to pick me up. I was shooting a song with Akshay Kumar for Chandni Chowk to China then, and he was free for a couple of days. He drove all the way to Karjat to pick me up and we spent the evening together.

Was it love at first sight?

Ranbir : We were attracted at the very first sight and then gradually we fell in love.

Deepika : We hit it off really well and we liked spending time with each other. And then love happened slowly. We were friends for six months before we started seeing each other.

Do past relationships bother you?

Ranbir : We do discuss it. I have a past and even she has a past. So it doesn’t really matter. I’m to a certain extent friends with my exes.

Deepika : Even I continue to be friends with some of mine.

Did you enjoy working together in Bachna Ae Haseeno?

Ranbir : Our first schedule together was in Australia and we used to shoot and hang out together. Eat at McDonald’s, and Starbucks. She used to always order two mocha frapuccinos every day at the shoot. So that was quite sweet.

Deepika : Yeah, that’s where you made me put on weight. He would order burger for himself and also get one for me.

Ranbir : It all started over a burger and coffee (he laughs).

Did your off-screen chemistry enhance your performance?

Ranbir : There’s a very fine line between the real and reel. I think what you do in real life is separate. I don’t think that just because you’re a couple in real life it enhances your performance on screen.

Deepika : For me personally, yes it helps. I’m far more comfortable working with him compared to my other co-stars.

How did your parents react to your relationship?

Ranbir : They (Rishi and Neetu Kapoor) are extremely normal. If I have a girlfriend and she has a boyfriend, they respect that. We are starting out a career, and we are not thinking about the future too much. It’s not that we haven’t discussed marriage but that’s at a later point in time. We are enjoying our time together and we are happy.

Deepika : They (Prakash and Ujwala Padukone) knew way before it appeared on newspapers and television. It is very important for our families to know what’s happening in our respective lives.

Tell us about the first gifts that you exchanged.

Deepika : He bought me a piano. I’m really fond of music. During one of our conversations, I had generally mentioned that I would love to learn playing the piano and the guitar. The next thing I know is that a brand new piano is sitting there in my new house.

Ranbir : She bought me a MacBook Air. She buys me clothes and she got me an ultra-cool pair of golden shoes (from Bangkok), which she feels looks cool on me. But I’m a little shy to wear them when she is not around.

Do you make Deepika sing for you?

Ranbir : I really have to coax her to sing. But whenever we are in the car she hums along with the track that’s playing in the music system. She has got a very melodious voice and she should pursue it.

When did you first kiss?

Ranbir : (straight-faced) Not kissed yet.

Deepika : (maintains a dignified silence before adding) We told you we never kissed.

Ranbir : I was meeting her after a month at the Bangkok airport. I just hugged her and gave her a peck. I didn’t realise there were cameras around. The news channels made a big deal out of it, and it was kind of hard. We are private people and it’s hard to see that moment repeatedly being flashed on screen. It was weird, wrong and unfair.

What games do you both play?

Deepika : I prefer badminton.

Ranbir : She kicked my ass in badminton once. I had ventured out to play with her and she being the great Prakash Padukone’s daughter… She beat me 11-0.

Deepika : Poor thing he didn’t have the stamina to pull through.

Ranbir : I was struggling and panting to play and she was doing her ballet and literally gliding in the air.

Deepika : No I haven’t ever challenged him at soccer. He doesn’t play very often, but he is really good at it.

What are the things that you hate about each other?

Ranbir : That she is an actress.

Deepika : He tries to please everyone and can’t say ‘no’.

And love?

Deepika : I like the fact that he is not a complicated person. I like his simplicity. He is also very patient.

Ranbir : There is no negativity in her. When I’m with her I am surrounded by goodness. It makes me good in some way.

Are Deepika-Ranbir made for each other? Tell us.

People who read this post also read :



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Deepika Is Made For Me
I Want TO Fuck Her

Post a Comment